AmeriCorps: getting things done
The IKIC AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides program places fresh college graduates in middle schools, high schools and Ohio college campuses to serve as mentors and advisors to Columbus City Schools students as they get ready for, get in and get through their postsecondary pursuits.
AmeriCorps members work alongside full-time IKIC advisors and school staff to ensure that students- typically first-generation college-going, low-income and minority students – get the information and resources they need to make educated decisions and plans for their future.
AmeriCorps College Guides commit to 1,700 hours of service (35-40 hours weekly) over 11 months from August-June.
In return for their service, Guides receive:
- Significant training and valuable professional development, networking, guidance and support with career and graduate school goals;
- compensation that includes a $13,732 living allowance and health insurance;
- a $5,920 Education Award that can be used to repay qualified student loans or future education expenses. (Also, qualified federal student loans may be deferred for the duration of the 11-month term of service);
- ample training, professional development and networking opportunities and a support system for your avenues of interest – graduate school, teacher licensure program, career building, etc.;
- an overall great entry-level career experience.
If you are interested in the Ohio College Guide position at I Know I Can, please submit an application at my.americorps.gov or call our office at 614-233-9510 for more information!