AmeriCorps: Getting Things Done
The IKIC AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides program places recent college graduates in middle schools and high schools as career and college readiness advisors for Columbus City Schools students in 7th to 10th grades.
AmeriCorps members work alongside full-time IKIC advisors and school staff to ensure that all students are exposed to information and participate in activities that will help them to make educated decisions about their plan for life after high school.
AmeriCorps College Guides commit to 1,700 hours of service (40 hours per week) over 11 months from August 7th-June 30th.
AmeriCorps College Guides will receive:
- Significant training and valuable professional development, networking, guidance and support with career and graduate school goals;
- compensation that includes a $30,000 living allowance and health insurance;
- an Education Award of $6,895 that can be used to repay qualified student loans or future education expenses. (Also, qualified federal student loans may be deferred for the duration of the 11-month term of service);
- develop skills that companies seek in recent graduates that will make you more marketable for a future job or graduate school, which include written, verbal, leadership, problem-solving, critical thinking, technical, analytical and quantitative skills, plus the ability to work in a team;
- experience with a 35-year-old educational non-profit with proven success in the college access and attainment field;
- the opportunity to make a difference and help students create their plans to reach their career and college higher education dreams.
Please note that having your own, reliable transportation is a must.
If you are interested in the Ohio College Guide position at I Know I Can, please submit an application at my.americorps.gov or contact Kim Ebbrecht at email@example.com or via phone at 614-917-3043 for more information!
For online application instructions, click here.